MAC OS X: Forum

Programs won't run

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thad Ciechanowski
Programs won't run
on Jun 3, 2008 at 7:12:46 pm

Hi,
I am relatively new to macs so this might be a silly question. I upgraded from Safari 1 to 3.11 via apple.com. The upgrade seemed to go fine, I restarted the computer and then I couldn't get Safari to launch. When I click on the icon on the dock it moves, and then nothing happens. The same thing happens when I run it from the applications folder. I deleted the app from the folder and tried again. Same thing.

I tried to use "AppZap" to un-install it, but "App-Zap" wouoldn't launch either. The other programs launch fine. Anyone know what's going on?

Mac OS 10.3.9
G4 Dual 1.25Ghz

Thanks

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Programs won't run
on Jun 3, 2008 at 7:45:26 pm

[Thad Ciechanowski] "I am relatively new to macs"

but using a relatively old version of the OS [Thad Ciechanowski] "Mac OS 10.3.9 "

You shouldn't have been able to install the new version of Safari at all, it requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or newer.

Because updating safari not only updates the safari application but also other component on the OS you may have to archive and install the OS.

Before doing that, mount the Safari installer dmg and there should be a option to uninstall the new version.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Thad Ciechanowski
on Jun 3, 2008 at 8:12:20 pm

When you say option to uninstall did you mean it's under "show package contents" somewhere? I couldn't find that option am I SOL?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jun 3, 2008 at 8:51:33 pm

No if I remember correctly when you mount the safari 3 install dmg there is an option to uninstall the v3 ind put back the old version.

Return to posts index

Thad Ciechanowski
on Jun 3, 2008 at 9:01:53 pm

I'm sure there is, I'm just not sure how to find it. (CTRL + Click, show contents?) My greenness around a mac, sorry.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jun 3, 2008 at 9:53:39 pm

[Thad Ciechanowski] " (CTRL + Click, show contents?)"

No no no.

Double click on the dmg file and it will mount on your desktop as a disk. That disk should have a uninstall option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]