MAC OS X: Forum

Would like to know before I purchase

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Downs
Would like to know before I purchase
on May 6, 2008 at 12:26:27 pm

Before I spend money on Virtual software - I would like to know if what I would like to accomplish will work. I have a 2.8 iMac Intel Core 2 Duo - running OS X 10.5.2. My color laser printer (used for many years with a PC - but still has a lot of good life in it) is a Konica Minolta MC2300DL. I have searched for drivers to have this printer work with the iMac to no avail. I am thinking of adding VMware and Windows XP to the iMac - to gain the use of the printer and a few Windows based programs that I might like having on the Mac. If I don't gain the use of the printer using virtual software - I really don't see the use of paying for VMware and XP - it would be easier to buy a decent quality inexpensive printer for the iMac.

If anyone has experienced virtual software and driver success such as this - would you share your experiences?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Mitch Sink
Re: Would like to know before I purchase
on May 20, 2008 at 6:10:16 pm

Hi,

I asked Primera if one of their Windows printers would work under boot camp and they said no.

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

Jerry Downs
on May 20, 2008 at 11:20:39 pm

Thanks - it doesn't look to hopeful. I thought this thread was going to go into oblivion before I got a response.

Jerry

Return to posts index

Mitch Sink
on May 20, 2008 at 11:54:35 pm

[Mitch Sink] "I asked Primera if one of their Windows printers would work under boot camp and they said no."

Hi,

Boot camp would be more likely to work than VMWare or Parallels.

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]