MAC OS X: Forum

Get info

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander KallasGet info
by on May 1, 2008 at 5:57:49 am

Hi all,
In Tiger Get info. gives me individual data pages on the items in the trash.
How to get a sum total of the space occupied by multiple files in there without
arithmetic?

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Get info
by on May 1, 2008 at 3:28:28 pm

Same as in any other folder.

Select all the files (Command-A) and then hit Command-Option-i to give a "get info" window on the multiple files.

Return to posts index

Alexander KallasRe: Get info
by on May 1, 2008 at 8:28:55 pm

[Jeff Carpenter] "Same as in any other folder.

Select all the files (Command-A) and then hit Command-Option-i to give a "get info" window on the multiple files.
"

Of course,
but not on my Tiger OS!

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Get info
by on May 1, 2008 at 8:35:06 pm

I'm not sure what's wrong with your system. (I just tried it on a Leopard system and a Tiger system and got the same results in each.)

What happens when you do that? It opens individual get-info windows for each item? But it doesn't do that when you do the same thing in non-trash folders?

I get the same behavior in the trash as I do in any other folder so I'm not sure what to tell you. It could be some 3rd-party software or drivers, but I couldn't begin to guess what might have messed that up.

Return to posts index

Alexander KallasRe: Get info
by on May 2, 2008 at 5:04:00 am

[Jeff Carpenter] "I'm not sure what's wrong with your system. (I just tried it on a Leopard system and a Tiger system and got the same results in each.)

What happens when you do that? It opens individual get-info windows for each item? But it doesn't do that when you do the same thing in non-trash folders?

Correct

I get the same behavior in the trash as I do in any other folder so I'm not sure what to tell you. It could be some 3rd-party software or drivers, but I couldn't begin to guess what might have messed that up."

Thanks Jeff,
It's been like that from the start, iMac G5 OS10.4.10, normal apps & FCP Studio2.
Go figure.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]