MAC OS X: Forum

mail question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcel tiemensmamail question
by on Apr 29, 2008 at 5:26:23 pm

I use the mailprogram and wonder if I delete mails within the program if they are also deleted incl attachments and all. Or is there another file where mails should be deleted in order to free up space?

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: mail question
by on Apr 29, 2008 at 6:49:28 pm

Create a new mailbox, but set it as one that's on the Mac. This is essentially a folder on your computer, although it shows up in mail as a Mailbox.

Any mail you want to keep, put it in there and everything will be saved on your hard drive. Anything you don't want to keep, just delete.

This allows you to free up space on your mail server without losing the messages or attachments. It also protects your files if something happens to the mail server or you can't connect to the internet for some reason.

Return to posts index

Chuck RetiRe: mail question
by on May 1, 2008 at 4:09:48 am

If you're looking to save a little space, you could keep the text content of messages that are in one of your locally saved mailboxes, but remove the attachments if they're no longer needed. Select message(s) that have attachment icons, go to menu>Message>Remove Attachments.

Return to posts index

marcel tiemensmaRe: mail question
by on May 1, 2008 at 11:27:41 am

I did that and names my folder marcelkeep...but I cannot seem to find it on the mac...
even with the search options....why is that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]