MAC OS X: Forum

Graphics Issue

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Ortiz
Graphics Issue
on Mar 24, 2008 at 3:43:37 am

3/23/08

I have a MacPro (8 core, 8GB RAM, running Leopard 10.5.2) that I purchased 3 months ago with an ATI X1900 XT graphics card. The system has been running like a champ until yesterday.

Every so often, parts of the images on my screens (displayed on 2 23" Apple Monitors) become distorted. In other words, open windows for any application start to partially display irregular shapes of various colors.

At first I thought it was some sort of signal causing interference, but if the image or video was static (paused), the artifacts remained. As soon as I moved the window or played the clip, the image was restored. At one point, I moved a quicktime movie from one monitor to the other and the artifacts came along for the ride so I don't think the problem is with the monitors.

The only thing that I did different yesterday (3/22/08) was to install the new apple updates. I rebooted the system to see if the problem cleared and it is still there.

The artifacts don't appear frequently, but it's very irritating when they do.

Can anybody tell me if this is an indication that my graphics card is giving out or if it's some sort of software conflict?

Will be calling Apple support on Monday (3/24/08).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: Graphics Issue
on Apr 11, 2008 at 3:59:14 pm

Have you checked your monitor connections to the computer?

Your driving 2 23" cinema display with and X1900 card, you may be pushing what the card is able to reliably do, try unplugging one of the monitors and see if the problem persists.

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Complex Technology Development

Return to posts index

Luis Ortiz
Re: Graphics Issue
on Apr 12, 2008 at 6:18:45 am

I've been monitoring this issue and it hasn't happened again. The graphics on my MacPro are looking good.

I double checked my connections and everything checked o.k. from the start.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]