MAC OS X: Forum

Bella Pro Series3 Editing keyboard Issue

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Robbins
Bella Pro Series3 Editing keyboard Issue
on Mar 23, 2008 at 6:09:45 am

I purchased the Bella Professional Series 3 Editing keyboard (the one with the shuttle/jog wheel) about a year ago specifically to work with Final Cut Pro 4.5 running on OSX 10.3. I downloaded the driver from the Bella site and all havoc broke loose... It would eject the CD drive sporadically multiple times, and strangely sometimes it would lay in slugs on top of my timeline. It wasn't making it impossible to edit, just really inconvenient when it started acting up (it would come in waves).

I recently bought a G5 with OS X 10.5 Leopard, and bought Final Cut Studio 2. I just loaded the new Bella Driver JSM V1.2 and thought for sure this had to fix the bugs I was having, but sure enough, I opened up a session and within a half hour my CD drive ejected as I shuttled with the wheel. I've done everything to attempt to fix the problem, I went into settings and turned off the primary 'Keyboard Navigation' quick keys, I looked for a way to turn off the F12 Eject key, but I don't know if that's an option. Is there some sort of update or fix-it patch for these issues? I love the keyboard, but hate when I've got a long night of editing and my drive pops open, and when the slugs were involved on the last system it got beyond frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]