MAC OS X: Forum

my applications are slowly disappearing... seriously

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Mitchell
my applications are slowly disappearing... seriously
on Feb 22, 2008 at 11:47:59 pm

this is crazy, and it's finally to the point where i care...
~running 10.5.2 on mac pro~
awhile back I noticed that somehow Word was deleted. and when i say deleted, i mean; deleted. its gone. spotlight cannot find it. whatever, i could care less, i prefer pages to it, all I really use is excel from office 2004. so i let it go.
then something else went missing last week, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was... it was real important as you can tell.
now, today I tried to fire up Illustrator from CS, and it gave me the stupid question mark... dangit what the heck. so I went to apps/adobe illustrator, and the folder was there with the typical stuff still in it, but the application itself was gone!

so, i need some help.. what is making this happen? i'm not one to randomly delete an app, even accidentally...

thanks guys!
Erik

oh, i wanted to add:
-no one else has access to my system
-my hard drive is less than 40% full
-i've used illustrator many times since I installed a clean copy of 10.5 last november

I use appfresh to keep my apps updated.. any chance that could delete the app if it screws up an update or something?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: my applications are slowly disappearing... seriously
on Feb 23, 2008 at 6:36:20 am

Never heard of appfresh, but I suppose it is a possibility. Most apps now days automatically check for updates when you open them Illustrator included. The Apple apps just show up with the automatic software update built into the OS.

I would try getting rid of appfresh and see if anything else disappears (make a note of that is there by screen shot or at least noting how many items are in the applications folder.

Also make sure that no little green men, or little eager children are playing with your computer. When ever I have seen things supposedly disappear usually it is because someone else was messing with the computer.

Any thing showing up in the trash?

Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]