MAC OS X: Forum

Setup New MacPro with Default RAM or OWC Purchased RAM?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory McKechnie
Setup New MacPro with Default RAM or OWC Purchased RAM?
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:52:44 am

Just a quick question regarding the RAM I've purchased from OWC and my newly ordered MacPro. When the MacPro arrives, is it advisable to setup with the default 2GB of RAM to make sure it's working properly, or can I go ahead and replace it with the 8GB OWC RAM I purchased as well? Just wondering as I've been reading not to sell the default RAM, but rather to hold onto for troubleshooting any problems later.

On a side note, I just checked the OWC page and it seems their not selling the Certified RAM anymore, just the qualified RAM ... wonder what the problem is? Anyway, it's kind of interesting so I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for any help,
Cory

Return to posts index

Rainer wirth
Re: Setup New MacPro with Default RAM or OWC Purchased RAM?
on Feb 2, 2008 at 2:31:58 pm

Try it with the 8 GB Ram. If the ram doesn't meet the specs you either can't put it in the ram bank (it doesn't fit) or your computer doesn't boot. If the Ram is okay it works better with 8 GB.

Rainer Wirth

Return to posts index

del chapple
Re: Setup New MacPro with Default RAM or OWC Purchased RAM?
on Feb 8, 2008 at 1:16:32 am

i'd get every thing loaded on the stock ram make sure it runs fine for a couple days then swap it out. then if it act's like an insane gf put the stock back in.. Remember the tempermental G5 ram issue, i might just be paranoid..

del

you cant hear my inner voice scream... can you..?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]