MAC OS X: Forum

Airport Disk Set-Up

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doece25
Airport Disk Set-Up
on Dec 26, 2007 at 4:44:43 pm

For Christmas I purchased my dad a 1TB usb 2.0 drive with the intention of having him use it as an airport disk. He has the airport extreme N router and a macbook pro.

I am running into problems with the set-up. According to apple you simply plug in any USB drive that is formatted FAT, or HFS+ and go along your merry way.

Out of the box the drive was formatted FAT, so I plugged it into the USB slot on the router and the router basically crashed (wireless and wired connection out of it died). Power cycling the router with the drive attached got the network back up and the drive appeared in Finder (we are running leopard). I figured great now it will work....well it didnt. I could see the disk but could not write to it, even if I connected as a registered user, no dice. And, now anytime I try to "connect as" nothing happens.

I have run through all the configs I know of in the airport utility and now look to the Cow for help.

Has anyone had issues with airport disk; am I missing a key step in the set-up? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

-Matt

Return to posts index

Chris Mackenzie
Re: Airport Disk Set-Up
on Jan 1, 2008 at 2:08:47 am

Have you put the latest firmware update on the Extreme? I have been using it with the Newertech Gmax (raid 1). It works pretty well, but the performance is not great. I am guessing that is why they pulled TimeMachine support from it. On mine I formatted it HFS+ so that I could move files directly.

Aloha,

-Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]