MAC OS X: Forum

Programs regularly scheduled...

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juanfordroad
Programs regularly scheduled...
on Dec 20, 2007 at 4:06:02 am

After hours of waiting and talk with Apple over problems I was having with IWorks, they finally said: "reload OSX, get the upgrades and have a nice day." The good news is IWorks, works. The bad news is Compressor and Photoshop don't. Two rather important programs to a vidiot such as myself. So far, I've reloaded Photoshop 7, FCP Studio, ran disk repair from the OS, repaired permissions several times, verified the disk as many times, and restrained myself from bringing out the shotgun and plastic explosives. If anyone has a clue on what to try next, I will gladly send you an autographed Roswell Alien; collect, of course.

Thanks in advance,
Novanut

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Programs regularly scheduled...
on Dec 26, 2007 at 6:34:30 am

What version of OS X are you using and what kind of Mac are you running it on?

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

John Nelson
on Dec 26, 2007 at 2:31:55 pm

I'm running 10.4.11 on a G5 quad 2.5ghz and 4gb of ram.

Make money (and love, of course) not war...

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Dec 26, 2007 at 4:31:47 pm

Sorry, I should've asked a couple of other specific questions. Do you get any sort of message when trying to open FCP or Compressor?

Here is a document that gives some steps to take if Compressor isn't working properly for no good reason:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302845

You should be able to find a similar document for FCP.

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

john nelson
on Dec 26, 2007 at 5:05:50 pm

Thanks again Darby,

Here's an update. No message other than the 'try again, reopen, report' one. After reloading the Compressor from the FCP disk I got it to work yesterday. Then, after using it for a one hour project I sent it to DVDSP. Everything looked and played fine but when I went to burn it I got an error and it wouldn't go. I'm at work now, so I can't remember what the error said and will post it later.

Meanwhile, I still can't get Photoshop to work. I deleted 6.0, 7.01 upgrade, preferences, settings and everything else I could find that had their names on it. Then reinstalled 6.0, 7.0, downloaded the 7.01 upgrade and it won't work. Can you think of anything else I could try?

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Dec 26, 2007 at 5:35:40 pm

Unfortunately, I have little experience with PS 7 under OS X. If you've installed all of the appropriate updates then I'm not sure what the issue is. There are some notes on Adobe's Support site about updating the AltiVec plugin, but that sounds like it relates to a very small problem with the file browser dialog. Again, you're having trouble opening the application at all?

I've experienced some problems with Final Cut Studio when installing a new System. These should go away if you uninstall (a manual process outlined on Apple's support site for some horrible reason) and reinstall.

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

john nelson
on Dec 26, 2007 at 6:51:37 pm

Thanks Darby,

I appreciate your help.

Make money (and love, of course) not war...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]