MAC OS X: Forum

finder hotkeys

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonblahudfinder hotkeys
by on Dec 18, 2007 at 8:06:40 pm

hi, i'm trying to assign "finder" hotkeys to a logitech mouse software that maps hotkeys to buttons on the mouse. my ultimate goal is to navigate folders this way. in the logitech software you add applications to assign specific hotkeys to the mouse, but finder does not show up as an application. Is there anyway to change the hotkeys in finder to different keyboard buttons or to assign them to mouse buttons?

i'm using osx 10.4.11

thank you

jonathan

Return to posts index

Chuck RetiRe: finder hotkeys
by on Dec 19, 2007 at 4:45:33 am

A list of all common keyboard shortcuts used within Finder, many of which are globally used in all Mac applications, is in this Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts document at apple.com.
If, for example, you want to map "Save" command to a mouse button, you would map "Command-S" to it, and so on. These are the same commands you find called out in the top menu bar's File, Edit, etc. drop-down lists.
You can, if you want, remap many Finder and Application key functions from System Preferences>Keyboard and Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts.

Here's another list, including the Symbols used to indicate "Option" "Control" "Escape" and others.
http://www.macobserver.com/columns/firstmac/2005/20050422.shtml

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]