MAC OS X: Forum

Can I check when anyone copy in my system...

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sulaman Hameed
Can I check when anyone copy in my system...
on Aug 31, 2007 at 1:41:05 pm

Hello,

I have G5 dual processor Machine 2.66 ghz .... When 2 or 3 person copy in my system all work slow some hanging problem ...
Can I check who's copy my system when anyone copy in my system.....

Sulaman Hameed

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Can I check when anyone copy in my system...
on Aug 31, 2007 at 3:28:19 pm

[sulaman Hameed] "When 2 or 3 person copy in my system all work slow some hanging problem"

Could you be more clear on what is happening, you post makes no sense at all.

Return to posts index

sulaman Hameed
on Sep 3, 2007 at 12:53:19 pm

I have G5... My Computer is on network ..... more then 20 Computer in our office....
when I Work some time my computer slow .... heppen is that any body some files are copy in my computer or take some files in my computer ... all files are movie ... thats why heavy .... like 1 gb or more ...... my question is that when anyone use sharing in my computer ... can I know who is he .... who is his computer name....

Sulaman Hameed

Return to posts index

zrb123
on Sep 3, 2007 at 4:46:33 pm

I do not wish to be rude, and in no way do I wish to offend you at all, but you are still vary difficult to understand.

If I under stand you correctly your computer gets slow when others on your network are copying files from your computers to their computers. And you said that they are large video files that they are taking from your computers.

This is normal because you are both trying to access the same hard drive on your computer at the same time. So basically the hard drive is being given twice as much work to do.

There is no easy way to know who is accessing the files from your computer, the easiest way would be to just ask around the office.

If you do not want others to copy files off of your computer then turn sharing off in the network preferences.

If sharing these large files is necessary then you really should get something like a XSAN and put all shared files on there then have each computer connect to that. XSAN's are built to share large amounts of information with many computers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]