MAC OS X: Forum

Quicktime screwing up

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PeteQuicktime screwing up
by on Jul 30, 2007 at 12:59:36 pm

Hey guys, my quicktime pro was perfectly fine, and all of the sudden my MacBook Pro ran out of battery, so i plugged it, and some really weird things happen with the screen (flashed, it went to a different resolution, some distortion,etc...) so i rebooted, when it came back, i was looking at some clips online, and when i went back to my site (spymac.com) it would play the mpgs but not the audio, and i contacted the member just to make sure the rest of the stuff had audio, and it does, and when i check the clips i had already seen, the ausio wasn't playing either. So i check other site on the net that have mpgs, and none of my audio is playing. The movie plays but the audio doesn't.
Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro
Latest quicktime 7.2
OSX 10.4.10

Return to posts index

PeteRe: Quicktime screwing up
by on Jul 30, 2007 at 2:12:03 pm

OK i forgot to mention that there was a bluetooth error before all this crazyness, so i uninstalled my plantronics headset, i just paired it again, and i get audio but only through the headset, i cannot seem to bea ablo to switch it to my speakers, HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!

Return to posts index

zrb123Re: Quicktime screwing up
by on Jul 31, 2007 at 1:25:26 am

if you get audio but only through the headset then check what your audio out setting are

Return to posts index

PeteRe: Quicktime screwing up
by on Aug 1, 2007 at 4:28:28 am

thanks zrb, finally found a solution on the quicktime support site, just in case this happens to anyone, this is the error i was getting when trying to play an mpeg and the solution is to go under the audio midi setup util, and reset the audio input to 44.1 Hz. an that pretty much it.

here's a screen grab of the error message:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4250/picture1sg0.png

Hope this helps, this also works if you have other apps having trouble with audio issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]