MAC OS X: Forum

Can't delete Windows Partiotion

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vigenbiba
Can't delete Windows Partiotion
on Jul 21, 2007 at 3:19:26 pm

Good Day.
I have problems with Boot Camp. 2 mounse ago i install windows on Imac . :)
Now i want to delete with help of Boot Camp. Restore Volume. After resart volume is on same place :) and i can't delete it . Please help me :) i don't want windows.

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: Can't delete Windows Partiotion
on Jul 21, 2007 at 5:15:12 pm

The only way to deleat a partition once it has been created is to reformat the entire hard drive. You will need to back up all your data and do an erase and insall.

Return to posts index

vigenbiba
on Jul 21, 2007 at 6:07:30 pm

yes good way :) but i try it :) today i reinstall MAc OS . From boot cd of Tiger i get call diskmanager ut , and in this util function for delete windows partition is disable. So i can't format my drive. May be i need to youse some software to boot and delete it ?

Return to posts index

zrb123
on Jul 21, 2007 at 6:23:09 pm

I don't think you completly understand, when you boot from the install disc you must select the root hard drive and reformat the entire thing, erasing both partitions. Once booted from the install disc open disc utility and reformat the entire drive. You cannot just deleat only one partition you must deleat both and create a compleatly new partition on the drive.

Return to posts index

tuckied
on Aug 9, 2007 at 4:25:57 pm

Hmm, I'm having the exact same problem. I have used boot camp assistant to restore my HDD before, but this time the "windows" HDD remains on my desktop! I think it's because my windows has A bad spyware virus (which is the reason I am deleting the partition!) I have done this before flawlessly, and I am sure it's because of the viruses on windows, not because of my macbook pro. try this:
Open boot camp assistant,
click "start the windows installer". From here, try "restoring" windows using an xp cd. completly format the partition windows is installed on. This is a long process , but I think it will work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]