MAC OS X: Forum

Upgrade Immediately or Wait a Week/Fortnight/Month

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory McKechnieUpgrade Immediately or Wait a Week/Fortnight/Month
by on Jun 8, 2007 at 12:53:25 am

I realize Apple is pretty hush hush when it comes to new releases, but has anyone heard any rumors about upgraded Mac Pro's? Might announcements be made at the Worldwide Developers Conference next week?

It just kind of "feels" like an upgrade in specs is around the corner and the last time I bought a Mac, my Powerbook got a huge bump in the "standard" graphics card a couple weeks after I made the purchase so I'm just trying to keep my ear to the ground this time.

Any thoughts? I do have to buy within the next "little bit", but if it means a bump in specs or a decrease in price, I can certainly hang on a bit longer.

Thanks for any insight,
Cory


Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-ThiesRe: Upgrade Immediately or Wait a Week/Fortnight/Month
by on Jun 22, 2007 at 1:28:12 am

If you can hang on longer wait till after leopard is released, otherwise you'll be fine with the current mac pros, unless you trying do protein folding or something like that.



Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]