MAC OS X: Forum

after QT uninstall, Avid, FCP, QT will not open

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ti22Mediaafter QT uninstall, Avid, FCP, QT will not open
by on May 31, 2007 at 11:38:23 pm

G5 2.5 Quad, 3.5 gigs of ram, this is an Avid system running OS 10.4.8 and QT 7.1.3.

The Avid started running poorly. While on the phone with Avid tech support they discovered the system had an unsupported version of Quicktime installed. So I (right click) moved Quicktime to the trash. The tried to install QT v 7.1.3. I would get

Return to posts index

rvanetRe: after QT uninstall, Avid, FCP, QT will not open
by on Jun 1, 2007 at 10:59:48 am

Hello Greg,

It might be that the you weren't able to properly reinstall the quicktime application. In fact, dragging the Quicktime app to the trash just did not completely uninstall the application. There were still quicktime packages in your system.

Drag the following to the trash:

1. /Applications/Quicktime.app
2. Go to the /Library/Receipts/ folder and look for the quicktime package that were installed, files are most likely: Quicktime716.pkg,
Quicktime713.pkg, Quicktime714.pkg, depending on your latest Quicktime update, and drag them to the trash.
3. Reinstall Quicktime 7.1.3 installer (which you have downloaded from apple website)
4. Restart.
5. Go to Disk utility, then click on Repair Disk permissions.
6. Log out and log in again.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Renante

Work fascinates me. I can stare and look at it for hours.

Return to posts index

zrb123Re: after QT uninstall, Avid, FCP, QT will not open
by on Jun 1, 2007 at 10:37:48 pm

Quicktime is a Core component of the OS and is built in, what you moved to the trash was just the application interface, therefore the quicktime core component of OS is still a newer version.

Try an archive and install of the OS and then update only the OS and not the quicktime. However the current version of Quicktime is 7.1.6, it is possible that the update has fixed or changed any compatibility issues, so I would try updated to the latest first and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Ti22MediaRe: after QT uninstall, Avid, FCP, QT will not open
by on Jun 4, 2007 at 6:26:51 pm

Thanks all

Archive and install of the OS worked.

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]