MAC OS X: Forum

24" cinema display has become stupid

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J24" cinema display has become stupid
by on May 29, 2007 at 1:23:48 pm

It may be have caught it from me, but my 24" CD HD monitor has become stupid. About 1 week ago it didn't come on when I turned on my G5...1.8 Ghz...OSX 10.4.9.

To the best of my knowledge, no settings were changed in any of the preferences.

When I turn on the G5 the power light in the lower right of the monitor comes on for about 15 seconds then goes out. And the monitor stays black.

The only way I can sometimes get it to come on is after turnning on the G5 I let it sit for about 1 min. I then unplug then replug the power to the monitor.

Display setting is set to Cinema HD Display...1920X1200. Computer sleep and display sleep are set to 3 hrs.

Not sure if this forum is a place to bring this up. If not, I would appreciate any leads as to sites for possible solutions.

J

Return to posts index

stella_pleaseRe: 24" cinema display has become stupid
by on May 29, 2007 at 9:12:01 pm

I presume you mean a 23" (not 24") Apple Cinema Display?

If so, be aware that the Power Supply Units for different size Cinema Displays are not interchangeable.

A 23" unit ships with a 90W PSU, a 20" only with a 65W PSU.

A 90W PSU will work with both 23" and 20" Cinema Displays, but a 65W PSU will only work with a 20" Cinema Display.

I guess this will only help if you have a mixture of 20" and 23" CDs, and have been swapping them around. Both PSUs look nearly identical, which doesn't help. The Wattage is however written on the PSU somewhere.

Only a thought...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]