MAC OS X: Forum

Mac Pro looks good...but no blu-ray dvd burner am I looking at this all worng?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd George
Mac Pro looks good...but no blu-ray dvd burner am I looking at this all worng?
on Apr 4, 2007 at 6:25:18 pm

Hello all

saw the new apple site touting the mac pro I like what I see but I am slightly confused as there is no blu ray support

I know the beta vs vhs battle is still raging on with hddvd and blu ray but I am suprised that Apple is being so conservative is this notg the company that gave us the iMac and iPod two products that EVERYBODY mumbled "....yeah it looks cool but it'll never work"

why not throw caution to the wind and slap a blu ray buner in this new machine hell it has 2 DRIVE BAYS even if blu ray is the format that never happens the consumer isn't completely out of the game

just a rant I know .... I like the new machines they look impressive but my money is already tied up in savings for an iPhone

if anyone cares to speculate on the new machines and the abscence of blu ray please do I would love to hear what you have to say

take care everyone

Todd George
Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Mac Pro looks good...but no blu-ray dvd burner am I looking at this all worng?
on Apr 4, 2007 at 7:09:50 pm

I kind of thought they'd add one too, but considering that they have that 2nd empty bay and considering that it's very easy to put one in yourself... Well I guess it's not really a big deal that Apple doesn't offer it directly. Anyone who needs one can very easily get one themselves.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]