MAC OS X: Forum

DiskWarrior4

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
2lucid4DiskWarrior4
by on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:29:24 pm

I have a 2.5 dual G5, running OSX 10.4.9.
I have an older version of DiskWarrior that says my harddrive is quite fragmented. It does seem to be running slightly 'off' and that is worrying me.
Is DiskWarrior4 recommended for rebuilding the drive to defragment and other maintenance?
I do already run DiskUtility to repair disc permissions and also occasionally boot from Disk Utility to repair the harddrive. I also have Cocktail and run some stuff from that. Anything else I should be doing?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: DiskWarrior4
by on Apr 3, 2007 at 7:53:28 am

DiskWarrior doesn't defragment your hard drive, but it does defragment your hard drive's directory by building a completely new one using the information from your current directory. Defragmenting the actual hard drive doesn't seem to be the big problem it used to be before OS X showed up. So, in answer to your question, DiskWarrior is the most highly recommended program on the market. As for everything else you're doing with regard to regular system maintenance, you're doing it right.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Danny2007Re: DiskWarrior4
by on Apr 3, 2007 at 8:30:37 am

Personally I wouldn't use DW to defrag anything:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25668

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]