MAC OS X: Forum

date and time settings havoc

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole E
date and time settings havoc
on Mar 21, 2007 at 9:14:32 pm

Hi...

My date and time settings go off whack when I put my G5 into sleep mode overnight. I'll wake it up and the date is usually some random day in April, 2038. Sometimes, the time reflects the last time I put my computer to sleep.

Yes, I've changed the battery, reset the PRAM, and the SMU button. Not sure why it's doing this. Doesn't happen when I shut the computer down. Only when it sleeps. I have a G5 (Late 2005). Run 10.4.8 OS.

Any advice you can give is much appreciated. Resetting the date and time each time I wake the computer up is a tiny hassle, but hassle none the less.

Nicole

Return to posts index

zrb123
Re: date and time settings havoc
on Mar 22, 2007 at 1:17:28 am

First update your OS (10.4.9 is out) if the issue still persists, reset the PMU (Power Management Unit), if that douse not work then boot from a known good system. If you have the same problem booted from a known good system, then it is something hardware, if it acts normal booted from a known good system, then it is software, most likely something screwy with the OS. I would then reinstall your OS.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: date and time settings havoc
on Mar 22, 2007 at 5:32:09 pm

Check thetime and date system preferences. You can set the clock to automatically sync itself to an external source on the internet. I don't know...perhaps it's set to something wrong and kees re-syncing to that?

If it's off you should turn it out. That's not an actual fix but it might help by re-syncing your clock every time it gets off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]