MAC OS X: Forum

OS X Finder bug boggling

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rednye
OS X Finder bug boggling
on Mar 20, 2007 at 9:40:27 pm

Hi,

Intermittently when I ctl+click/rt click in Finder it relaunches automatically. I'm using OS X 10.4.8 on Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 processor. I have done the following with no success:

-tried another mouse
-deleting Finder prefs and restarting
-repairing disk permissions
-creating a new user account
-reinstalling the OS

In addition, the Finder buttons, again intermittently, (view as icons, groups, list) and the color "dots" for labeling dissappear; the selection indicator in the sidebar goes black. Temporary solution it to relaunch finder but that only works for awhile. This only occurs in Finder no other apps.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

PS I posted this in response to post but never got an answer so I am reposting this question.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: OS X Finder bug boggling
on Mar 21, 2007 at 6:19:49 pm

hello...

you could try the old "repair permissions" route, but it sounds like something has just been corrupted somehow - os x doesn't have a rollback feature on the system, so you could try any of the following:

- delete your finder preferences - a good how-to is here: http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/finder.html
- run disk warrior if you have it
- consider re-installing :-/

but i would definitely start with removing your finder prefs...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
Re: OS X Finder bug boggling
on Mar 22, 2007 at 2:58:10 am

I also have this problem on a dual 2.7 machine. My solution was to buy a new Mac Pro. Just kidding, since I needed to do that anyway, but it did fix the problem. With the old machine it seems there are several strange "features" like this, and I plan to reinstall the OS to try to fix it.

So now I'm on to the Mac Pro and new and different "features" that need to be eliminated.

Good luck, and please post back if you find a solution other than a reinstall.

Joe Murray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]