MAC OS X: Forum

Can not see FW800 drive on a windows network

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Rich
Can not see FW800 drive on a windows network
on Feb 22, 2007 at 5:29:19 pm

I've got a MacBook Pro Intel core duo machine with a connected FW800 drive. I would like to move some files back and forth from my FW800 drive to my PC, but can't seem to see the FW800 drive on the Windows network. Is there a configuration I'm missing?

Sincere thanks,

Kent Rich

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Can not see FW800 drive on a windows network
on Feb 22, 2007 at 8:07:12 pm

This is kind of a non-answer, but I'll tell you what I do in situations like this.

Being more adept at using a Mac I put my efforts into seeing the Windows machine I want on the Mac and then using the Mac to copy the files instead of using the Windows machine.

I know...not a huge help, but turning the situation around like that has often allowed me to solve problems without actually fixing them!

Return to posts index

Shane Sokolosky
Re: Can not see FW800 drive on a windows network
on Feb 23, 2007 at 3:56:46 pm

Is your firewire drive formated as an HFS+ volume? or did you format it as FAT32? If it's FAT 32 it will show up on both OS X and Windows if it's HFS + it will only show up on OS X, unless you use a utillity called mac drive.

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/

Obviously if you have a place to transfer the data from your drive now, then format the drive as FAT32, then put the data back on the drive then you wouldn't need this utility.

Hope this helps,

Shane Sokolosky
Circuit Access

Email - heysomthin@aol.com
Phone - (714) 599-1611

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]