MAC OS X: Forum

Annoying Trash alert

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Poisson
Annoying Trash alert
on Feb 21, 2007 at 8:14:56 pm

My G5 did not always do this, every time I click on something to go in the trash, it asks permission to throw it away. I don't know what setting I changed, but I've looked and can't find it. My other 3 Macs running Tiger don't do this. Very annoying!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Annoying Trash alert
on Feb 22, 2007 at 4:38:40 am

I can't remember either, but if you want to empty the trash and avoid the warning you can press: ?-Shift-Option-Delete. This shortcut will also work if you've got locked files in the trash.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 22, 2007 at 4:42:58 am

[Don Greening] "?-Shift-Option-Delete."

The question mark was supposed to be the Command key. Apparently the Cow doesn't know what the Apple/Command icon is and substituted a question mark.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 22, 2007 at 8:16:01 am

Chris, I found it. The path is: Finder Menu>Preferences>Advanced>show warning before emptying the trash.

- Don

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Feb 22, 2007 at 1:03:06 pm

Hey Don,

Thanks, I'm trying that today.

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on Feb 22, 2007 at 1:21:02 pm

Don,

I tried that, even with a restart and permissions repair, it did not work. BTW, the keyboard shortcut to get around it is command/option/delete. That works, so I'll just make it a habit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]