MAC OS X: Forum

isync has vanished.... what can i do to get it back?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DuBoisisync has vanished.... what can i do to get it back?
by on Feb 14, 2007 at 11:00:00 am

So I'm happily installing my new phone (SE W810i) and I think "Oh I know, I'll use isync and get all of my contact & calander data onto it."
I connect up via the usb cable and hey-presto isync sorts it all out.

THEN I decide that rather than using the usb cable I'd rather use buletooth. So i pair my computer to my phone and start isync again.
Isync moans that this device is already paired via USB. "OK, so I'll delete the usb version of my device in isync and re-recreate the device as bluetooth"

It was at ths point the isync crashed. I sent off the report to Apple and went to open isync. It had gone!
I did a spotlight search for it but no joy. I restarted my machine but no joy. I hunted high and low but no joy!

OK. This should not be a problem. I'll just re-install it. So after a bit of research on apples forum I find a program called 'pacifist' that can just install a single component from the apple install DVD.

I follow all of the instructions that worked for other people but all I get is isync re-installed but most of the options are greyed out when it starts (I cannot even click on 'about isync'!)

I decided to leave it as I had a client coming in today and needed to get some work done.

THEN

I start my machine up this morning and isync won't even start.

Can ANYONE please shed some light on my situation.

Many Thanks in advance

A very concerned

Dave

G5 2.5 Dual
2.5 gig ram
x800 xt
1TB media storage
23" Cinema display
19" IBM LCD - used for Cinema Display
FCP Studio (FCP 5.1.2)
After Effects 7
Shake 4

Currently working on 'Lookin' For Lucky'
Feature Film for Albino Injun Productions.
http://www.lookinforlucky.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]