MAC OS X: Forum

Safari opens when i boot up OSX

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart CummingsSafari opens when i boot up OSX
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 8:08:04 pm

Safari automatically opens when i first start my powerbook how did i turn this feature on and how do i turn it off ? Thanks in advance Stupid Stuart

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Safari opens when i boot up OSX
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 8:18:17 pm

hello...

right-click (or ctrl-click if you have a 1-button mouse) on th icon in the dock and un-check "open at login"...that should do it..

sitruc

Return to posts index

Stuart CummingsRe: Safari opens when i boot up OSX
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 6:00:20 pm

Thanks for your response i checked my dock and start at log on was not checked and i still have the issue. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks for your help. Stuart

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2007 at 6:13:29 pm

hello...

you can try your account in system prefs - there's a login items section there as well...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Stuart CummingsRe: Safari opens when i boot up OSX
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 6:25:41 pm

Thanks for the quick response i checked the account settings it was not checked there either kinda weird huh? Stuart

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:03:34 pm

hello...

well - there are much more secret places in unix that you could check, but you'd need some good experience with unix and your root account enabled - something along these lines:

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/osx/arch_startup.html

but i wouldn't recommend messing around with that unless you are very comfortable with unix - but if you have both those places eliminated as a culprit then that might be the place - but also check safari or think about any other possible culprits - like another app might be trying to make a connection to a web page via safari or something?

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]