MAC OS X: Forum

MS Chief of Windows Dev: "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft."

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
B.J. Ahlen
MS Chief of Windows Dev: "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft."
on Dec 13, 2006 at 3:31:53 am

Jim Allchin, Microsoft's chief of Windows Development wrote in an internal e-mail to Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates in 2004 that "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft."

"I think our teams lost sight of what bug-free means, what resilience means, what full scenarios mean, what security means, what performance means, how important current applications are, and really understanding what the most important problems our customers face are," Allchin wrote in the e-mail. "I see lots of random features and some great vision, but that does not translate into great products.

This e-mail just appeared as evidence in Microsoft's ongoing antitrust trial (the cost of which is probably considered to be just an annual business expense line item).

Today Allchin is saying he was just trying to make a point, but of course he still got canned. At least he should now be free to exercise his choice after January 1...

(More in this Information Week story.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]