MAC OS X: Forum

Wireless video and QT Broadcast

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
csabotWireless video and QT Broadcast
by on Nov 2, 2006 at 10:31:56 pm

Hi - I wasn't sure which forum to post to - my questions cover several different areas. They all involve working on Mac so I went for this one. If anyone can suggest a better forum, please let me know.

I would like to set-up a low-res, low-cost wireless video system for use at athletic events. The primary use would be for timing, secondary for live video. The setup would be used primarily at cross-country ski races.

Here is what would need to happen -
Camera at finish line records continuously and transmits a wireless signal to a nearby computer. The computer records the stream and also allows for live review ala TiVo - rewinding, pausing, returning to the live stream. Having the ability to deal with multiple streams and output them live would be an added benefit.

We are definitely talking a low-cost set-up. The resolution does not need to be anywhere near broadcast quality. The operator at the computer just needs to be able to clearly read bib numbers on racers.

A longer range, somewhat higher quality setup could be nice to provide coverage of the race form out on the course. This requires significantly longer distances. .5 - 3 miles.

I came across the following on-line

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/wireless-avw-1000.html

The price is certainly right but I don't know how I would handle the video coming in. It outputs USB.

I was looking at QT Broadcaster as a software solution but I'm not sure if it provides what I need.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]