MAC OS X: Forum

Mail vs. Thunderbird

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saeed FaridzadehMail vs. Thunderbird
by on Oct 16, 2006 at 5:53:06 am

I used to use a windows XP machine for all email, but then recently moved it all to a mac.
I originally was using outlook and found the easiest way to move my mail was to first import all my mail into Thunderbird on the PC, then manual copy the profile folder into the thunderbird folder on the mac side. Worked

Then I noticed that Thunderbird has it's own address book imported from OS Xs default address book. This causes some headaches when I want to add a person and it adds it only to the thunderbird address book and I have to manually add it to the OS X Addie book.

So I tried using Mail for email, but when I tried importing mozilla mail, it would only import any mail I sent or received since I started using the mac. Non of the PC thunderbird email will import into mail.

Normally I wouldn't care and just keep using thunderbird, but is there a way to have thunderbird and OS X address book work side by side, rather than have a seperate book for each, and need to manually input into the other one every time i have a new contact.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]