MAC OS X: Forum

Preview photos w/out transfer

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe RugbyPreview photos w/out transfer
by on Oct 10, 2006 at 6:32:23 pm

I posted this in the Digital Photography forum also...

With my Nikon D50 I can preview photos on a tv set by connecting a wire to video line in on the set (quickly & easily).

I have a mac powerbook (dvi titanium 15.1" OSX 10.39-I think).

Is there a way I can preview the photos on my laptop without transfering/importing the images first?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joe

L.O.A.

Return to posts index

IQ NillRe: Preview photos w/out transfer
by on Oct 13, 2006 at 1:36:43 am

Hi,
The simplest answer (IMHO) is to get a $10 memory card reader, and set the iPhoto (if that's what you are using) not to copy images to the library - you are done.
For simplicity and peace of mind have a look at Xee - freeware image viewer. I like it, it doesn't try to outsmart the user, it just views images - brilliant!

IQ N.

Return to posts index

Chuck RetiRe: Preview photos w/out transfer
by on Oct 16, 2006 at 3:43:41 am

Launch the Image Capture app on your Mac. Set its Preference for "When camera is connected open..." to Image Capture (default is to use iPhoto, IIRC). Connect your camera to the computer with its USB cable, then turn it on in its view or review mode. If you set it up this way, in the future Image Capture will launch automatically when you plug in and switch on your camera.
Image Capture will launch and show a dialog box. Click the "Download Some" button to open a window with camera's contents, which you can view as thumbnails or a list. A slider in the window header allows adjustment of the thumbnail size, the largest should be useful for quick check of content. If you need full size views, select pictures in the Image Capture window and "Download Some" to an existing or new folder. Set Image Capture "Automatic Task" pulldown in window header to open Preview app on download, where you can scroll through them. While this does involve a "transfer' to your computer, you can easily just trash the whole folder or just the bad shots.

Return to posts index

Joe RugbyRe: Preview photos w/out transfer
by on Oct 19, 2006 at 1:53:12 pm

Thanks for the responses.

For what I would like to do I would need some sort of video input (composite)
into the powerbook.

Transferring photos into Picture Project(Nikon) and watching a slideshow
is still a lot faster than processing film.

Cheers,

Joe

L.O.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]