MAC OS X: Forum

In apple menu; Two Shutdowns, Two Restarts, Two Log Outs!?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jpsmcdowell
In apple menu; Two Shutdowns, Two Restarts, Two Log Outs!?
on Oct 10, 2006 at 11:39:16 am

HELP!

When I click on the apple menu in the top left corner, I see two restart options, two shutdown options, and two logout options. Plus, I have an annoying black border that randomly appears on things my mouse selects. Whats going on and how can I fix this? (I think it is affecting my system performance and speed)

I'd really appreciate any advice on this!
Have a great day.

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: In apple menu; Two Shutdowns, Two Restarts, Two Log Outs!?
on Oct 11, 2006 at 6:53:02 pm

Probably best to not try and fix whatever is going on, instead just startup off of the OS X installer disks and do and "Archive and Install" to replace the current system/s that you have installed. Be sure to repair the permissions and drive using Disk Utility (from the installer disk) before and after installation and any major updates. After you've done the archive and install and updated the OS back to the current version (or whatever version you want to use), then repair the drive and permissions one more time. This whole process is much easier than it sounds. Be sure to select the options to save your settings and personal files (I forget the name/s of the options). As with everything on a computer, you should backup and important info before doing any installs or repairs just to be safe.

Tony!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]