MAC OS X: Forum

question about connecting a PC to a Mac Wireless network

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
muresan12
question about connecting a PC to a Mac Wireless network
on Oct 1, 2006 at 7:27:19 pm

Hello,

I know that this has more to do with a PC than with Mac's, but i figured that some people here might be able to help me out. I've been a Mac person for a while now but just recently got forced into getting a PC and i'm going nut. Thanks for any help you can give me. Here's my story:

My girlfriend recently got a new Sony Vaio PC laptop from her work to use at home. We have two Mac's setup and are connected wirelessly to a Netgear 108 MBPS Wirelss Firewall Router. Upon trying to connect the PC to the network, i am having major, major problems.

At first, the PC was unable to see any wireless networks at all, even though i had the WLAN switch turned to ON on the front of the laptop. So i opened the Wireless Zero Configuration Properties and clicked on "Start" to start the service status (i reached this by going to Run and typing in "%SystemRoot%system32services.msc /s"). After doing this, i was able to view all networks within range of my wireless router. However, when i click on my network, i get a popup window that says "Please wait while Windows connects to the network" and underneath that it says "Waiting for the network". It sits like this for a minute or so and then the window just disappears and i'm not connected. It's at this point that i don't know what to do.

A little bit about my router's wireless settings:

Region: U.S.
Channel: 06
Mode: G & B

Security Options
WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)

Security Encryption (WEP)
Authentication Type: Automatic
Encryption Strength: 64 Bit

It's driving me crazy that i can see the network, but can't connect. Anybody have any suggestions? I can give more information if needed. Thank you very, very, very much for your help, as of right now we are dangling a 15 foot ethernet cable from one side of the apartment to the other, and i keep tripping over it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]