MAC OS X: Forum

Can't Reinstall OSX- "There were errors installing software." Error

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren KellyCan't Reinstall OSX- "There were errors installing software." Error
by on Sep 16, 2006 at 8:11:20 pm

I was having some irregularities on my dual 2.7. System crashes, FCP hanging corupting of files...that sort of thing.

So I thought it best to do a flush and fill, which I did yesterday. While trying to install OSx, I reached an error.

After installing the first OSX.4.x disc, the system naturally reboots, and asks for the second disk. I put it in, and the system would either finish installing the keynote and pages application, and then come to a message that said "There were errors installing the software" Please try installing again.

I can do this time and time again to the same end.

So I removed the hard drive and installed another HD to eliminate the drive. No luck, same problem.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do next?

Thanks

DBK

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-ThiesRe: Can't Reinstall OSX- "There were errors installing software." Error
by on Sep 16, 2006 at 8:34:23 pm

Don't install keynote and pages initially, install just the system, update it, then install keynote and pages...

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Harry PallenbergRe: Can't Reinstall OSX- "There were errors installing software." Error
by on Sep 18, 2006 at 9:07:16 pm

Also disconnect everything but monitor & apple mouse & keyboard... even pull extra RAM... if need be.

Thanks,
Harry.

Forum Cowmunity Leader: OSX
Forum Cowmunity Leader: Indie & Doc

Dual 1.8 G5 ** 1GB ** 10.4.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]