MAC OS X: Forum

G5 and atto FC41ES firbre card

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rick kz
G5 and atto FC41ES firbre card
on Aug 1, 2006 at 8:41:00 pm

i hope that this falls into the osX forum and someone else has seen this
brand spanking new G5 kona 3/FCP combination with the atto fc41es card- os 10.4.7 with all the latest updates and the most current driver and firmware from atto for os10.4.x

regardless if drives are or are not attached, the cpu will lock up on boot- this is completely random- the system will start with no problems many times then lock up on the next start
a search of atto support suggests that PRAM is getting corrupt (ahhhh... brings back the memory of the old days of the mac version of the 3 finger salute)

has anyone else seen this?

this kinda leads me to believe that apple is becoming more of a closed platform... no apple logo on parts? expect problems... i have lots of PCs with atto cards running like champs
(remember that commercial with the chick with the hammer? kinda funny what apple has turned into)

thanks for any suggestions

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: G5 and atto FC41ES firbre card
on Aug 1, 2006 at 9:01:26 pm

Brand new and it freezes when you start it up?

Call Apple. Take it back. Tell them to give you a new one.

Don't waste time trying to fix something that's brand new. It shouldn't NEED to be fixed. Explain it to Apple and let them help you.

Return to posts index

rick kz
Re: G5 and atto FC41ES firbre card
on Aug 1, 2006 at 9:19:32 pm

i could not agree more... problem is that the cpu boots fine with the atto FC41ES removed- apple will claim its the card, not the cpu- to make matters worse, i have seen this problem with different cards and different cpus (you know, if you have the opportunity to mix and match to confirm a dead card or logic board)

fun stuff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]