MAC OS X: Forum

folder won't open

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Ralph
folder won't open
on Jun 30, 2006 at 11:12:14 pm

10.3.9 - g5

an intermittent problem where certain folders won't open. I can expand the folder in the sidebar and all the files are accessible but if I double click then the folder window pops up empty for a second and then closes and a completely different window shows up. Then the problem goes away after a day or two - a couple of weeks later it happens with another folder. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: folder won't open
on Jul 1, 2006 at 5:38:15 am

Verify your disk...

Are you running anyother applications when it happens...?

When did it start?

What's in the folder...?

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
on Jul 1, 2006 at 6:00:00 am

the problem was .m2v files created by compressor 1 in 10.3.5. - (I cant get compressor 2 in 10.3.9 to behave) - for some reason these files wont even show the getinfo, but work fine in DVDSP.

The weird part - the folders open fine when the window is small so the problem only appears when the window is around half screen or more

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
on Jul 1, 2006 at 3:36:36 pm

It sounds to me like a corrupt set of files in the folder or the folder may be corrupt... I would boot off the install disc and verify your disc make sure there is no data corruption...

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
on Jul 3, 2006 at 8:27:33 pm

its the m2vs for sure everything else checks out fine.

thanks for the response

Return to posts index

georgecutter
on Jul 5, 2006 at 6:31:55 pm

I've got a similar problem with M2V files in general. For some reason, the OS doesn't seem to like them. Anytime I try to rename them, or get info, the finder window crashes and I have to relaunch. Very frustrating. This is on OSX v 10.3.9

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]