MAC OS X: Forum

Disk Burning Question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ScottgfxDisk Burning Question
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 3:07:58 am

I've been using a disk naming convention for a few years now where the disk titles are number sequences of [YEAR].[MONTH].[DISK NUMBER]. So the resulting disk might be named somthing like "2006.06.05".

That's worked great with Toast. Now I'm attempting to use Apple's disk burning in Tiger. It appears that Finder cuts off the last digit when you go to burn the disk. I've named the burn folder "2006.06.05.fpbf" and Finder says that it will burn a disk named "2006.06.05" but when the actual burn is started, it's only "2006.06".

Is it back to Toast, or is there a way around this?

Thank you for any help.

-Scott Thomas

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Disk Burning Question
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 8:52:20 pm

This is one of the most unique reasons I've seen for needing Toast, but yes, I think you need to use Toast.

There's quite a few disc burning applications out there and they ALL manage to stay in business even though Windows and OS X both have disc burning capabilities built right in.

Can you think of many other features built into both OSes that STILL manage to support an industry of other apps? It's because the OSes are pretty limited, you've just found one more reason I wasn't even aware of.

Return to posts index

scottgfxRe: Disk Burning Question
by on Jun 28, 2006 at 4:56:01 am

Thanks for the note. It's what I was afraid of. :)

Return to posts index

Tony!Re: Disk Burning Question
by on Jul 3, 2006 at 10:44:32 pm

Try using a "_" or a "-" instead of a "." between the numbers.

Tony!

Return to posts index

scottgfxRe: Disk Burning Question
by on Jul 4, 2006 at 5:09:06 am

Thanks for the note Tony! I've considered that as a solution, but I already have several years of previous backups and a few from this year. Perhaps when the next year rolls around, I'll make the change. Or perhaps I'll just upgrade Toast. Thanks again.

-Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]