MAC OS X: Forum

Modems, Routers & Hubs

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Nelson
Modems, Routers & Hubs
on Jun 13, 2006 at 9:38:49 pm

I'm really trying to get a handle on this but it doesn't look promising. I have a NextNet wireless modem, a Linksys 4-port router and a linksys 5-port hub.

I am trying to connect the internet to my mac and Dell pc running windows xp.

There are times when both computers work well and times when neither will connect. Today is one of those times. I have to disconnect everything and plug the modem directly into the mac in order to get online. Same goes for the pc.

I'm not using the hub at all since I was told only a router would do the trick.

I have connected the mac and pc to the router, ports 1 and 2 (uplink switch is not depressed). I then connected the modem to the internet port. I get green lights on everything but cannot get on the internet. I've tried turning everything off. Then turning on the router, modem, mac and pc. Sometimes that works. I've also tried powering down and up the router. Same goes for the modem. Sometimes that works. Sometimes not. I've tried repairing permissions on the mac. I've done disk verifications. I've run macjanitor. If all I am able to do is plug and re plug the modem directly into the two computers for them to have internet service I will go rapidly insane.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

Roswell+1947+Cute little Greenies=Big $$$

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]