MAC OS X: Forum

preview firewire

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark cookman
preview firewire
on May 20, 2006 at 11:15:37 am

TV set is broken, kids want to watch some videos and I have much old hardware in the house .
I have rigged a fire wire converter box to view DV VHS etc on screen , there are many simple capture apps but does anyone know of a simple app that will just route the firewire input to full mac screen?

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: preview firewire
on May 20, 2006 at 4:11:31 pm

Have you tried QT Pro 7?

The only software that I have used that will do that is something like HackTV but thats OS9 and many years old. You might try BTVedit, or iMovie and see if you can play the input direct.

The best bet I would think is QT Pro 7...

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: preview firewire
on May 21, 2006 at 4:25:34 am

Maybe try iChat?

Go to the "VIDEO" menu and pick "Video Preview." It should think your converter is an iSight camera and show it to you. You can't make it full-screen in the sense that everything else is blacked out, but you CAN grab the corner of the window and drag it as large as the screen. You'll see the desktop on the edges but it will be as large as you can get.

The only issue with this is that everything will be reversed like a mirror. You can solve that for $8, however:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/

That's a cool little program that lets you change the video from an incoming firewire camera. Things like color corrections and brightness. And yes, you can have it flip the image, thus putting everything back correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]