MAC OS X: Forum

the new intel iBook or MacBook

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Carlson-Thiesthe new intel iBook or MacBook
by on May 16, 2006 at 8:47:54 pm

The MacBook the new iBook is up on apple's site now... and it looks sweet... way better then the iBook it replaces and it comes in black.

Simon Carlson-Thies

Return to posts index

Mark SloanRe: the new intel iBook or MacBook
by on May 16, 2006 at 10:43:17 pm

The video is crippled. That is the main drawback for me. If it had either better video OR an Express PCI card slot, then I might go for it. But add enough RAM and bump the HD to 100GB and you're at $1490 or so. The low end Macbook Pro ends up looking REALLY good with the speed bump...

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-ThiesRe: the new intel iBook or MacBook
by on May 17, 2006 at 6:14:27 am

True, but compared to the original iBook g4 its much better 26 times faster on benchmark, and the video resolution and output is not limited, but you are correct the graphics card is not the best. Though I do think that the black one looks really cool.

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Mark SloanRe: the new intel iBook or MacBook
by on May 17, 2006 at 8:12:39 pm

No doubt they are powerful machines, I am just disappointed that someone that wants a smaller form factor is stuck... they can't get a 13" or 12" pro portable machine anymore. I would have loved to have a 13" machine with pro video and an ExpressCard slot for an external capture drive and use the built-in FW 400 for the video link... Not that the 12" had an expansion slot, but hey, I was dreaming!

Compared to the iBooks they are great, but 26 times faster is not realistic either! :-)

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-ThiesRe: the new intel iBook or MacBook
by on May 18, 2006 at 12:29:13 am

Can't disagree with you there...

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]