MAC OS X: Forum

RAID issue

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JJJohnson
RAID issue
on May 15, 2006 at 2:51:02 am

I screwed something up and need help fixing it. On a Dual 2 GHz G5 PowerPC Version 10.4.6 . . . with a Sonnet Tempo-X eSATA 8 card I have 4 drive hooked up. 2 in non removable cases formated as RAID1 (striped) and the other two drives are in a hot swappable housing and they were formatted as RAID2 (striped.) I have had this configuration running for nine months or so.

I just recently bought two more Seagate 250 gig drives that I put in the sleds to mount in the swappable enclosure. I put them in and proceeded to initialize and format as RAID3 (striped.) The moment RAID3 finished and mounted RAID1 DISAPPEARED from the desktop. It appears in the disk utility and system profiler. Disk Utility tells me that it is "Offline" and locked. The mounting icon is active but when I try to mount it nothing happens. I've tried restarting, shutting down and rebooting and swapping the removables and holding in the power button for seven seconds. But nothing helps me get the drives mounted.

Return to posts index

JJJohnson
Re: RAID issue - desparate follow-up
on May 17, 2006 at 1:36:49 am

Just as a follow up . . . the Sonnet card is not the problem. The symptoms did not change when I swapped cables and ports. Would it be risky to remove the drives from the enclosed housings and put them in the Sleds for the Burly boxes? Is this something that TechTools could fix?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]