MAC OS X: Forum

Constant Apple Problems, not because of Apple

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
WreckGar
Constant Apple Problems, not because of Apple
on May 15, 2006 at 12:53:39 am

Me and my co worker both work on G5s running Panther, Safari, and FireFox. We use Firefox more often because it is more stable than Safari, or so it seems. Our FCP programs will freeze up and shut down at least once or twice a week. And the same applies to all the programs we work with.

BUT , we're on a network. How the IT department set the computers up is a little strange. They have the network coming out of the wall, into our Cisco phones. Then they have the Macs going into the Cisco phones so we can get on the network. The cisco phone is sort of a bridge.

We think this is why we have problems at times.

I talked to one Mac guy that lives close to me and he said that would not cause any problems, that it's most likely Panther and that we need to upgrade to Tiger.

Any input is appreciated

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-Thies
Re: Constant Apple Problems, not because of Apple
on May 18, 2006 at 12:34:43 am

Now I would assume you have done the usual steps of permission repair as well?
If not do that, if you are concerned about the network try unplugging it if you can without screwing anything up, and see if that makes a difference.

Also you might try cleaning your user cache folder out....

If those work then Panther should be fine, although it couldn't hurt to move to Tiger if you can.. personally I would wait for leopard at this point, but if its imparitive to solve the problems then it couldn't hurt to upgrade to tiger.

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]