MAC OS X: Forum

Quicktime Pro stops being Pro after update of OS X

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe JonesQuicktime Pro stops being Pro after update of OS X
by on Apr 21, 2006 at 10:40:39 am

I have Final Cut Studio installed, which automatically enables Quicktime Pro function in OS X, or at least it used to. Since I updated to 10.4.6, my Quicktime has dropped back to the non-Pro version.

Apple no longer supplies a Quicktime key with Final Cut Studio - the software takes care of that automatically, unlike older versions of FCP.

Am I stuck with having to buy a Quicktime Pro key now? Has anyone else seen this bug (if it is, in fact, a bug)?

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-ThiesRe: Quicktime Pro stops being Pro after update of OS X
by on Apr 21, 2006 at 10:21:52 pm

So you never wrote down the key for the software? I would talk with apple...

Simon Carlson-Thies,
Digital Light Graphics And Animation

Return to posts index

Joe JonesRe: Quicktime Pro stops being Pro after update of OS X
by on Apr 23, 2006 at 11:21:19 am

We never had a Quicktime 7 pro key.

Final Cut Pro 4 had a serial number for the software itself and a key for quicktime 6, which we used.

Final Cut Studio has no such key - the Quicktime panel in system preferences simply reads "Pro Apps User" and enables all the pro functions. The boxes on that panel are empty, however, there is no key to write down. Since we are using Tiger, this means Quicktime 7.

This works fine up to 10.4.5 as far as I can tell. The 10.4.6 update seems to break it.

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-ThiesRe: Quicktime Pro stops being Pro after update of OS X
by on Apr 23, 2006 at 7:04:17 pm

then you have to buy a Quicktime 7 pro key, though how you manged to stay in QT 6 is odd with 10.4.5.

Simon Carlson-Thies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]