MAC OS X: Forum

Mouse..cursor jumps, Wacom tablet?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich RubaschMouse..cursor jumps, Wacom tablet?
by on Mar 23, 2006 at 10:12:55 pm

I have the Mighty Mouse 2-button from Apple on a G4 with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro running two Mitsubishi 17" CRT's. The cursor will ocassionally disappear and jump across the screen for no reason..wait a second or move the mouse around and it shows up somewhere else...sort of like the Hyperspace button on the old Atari Asteroids game...loved that button. But for the mouse it stinks.

Is this inherent to an optical input device, just to the Apple mouse, or to OS X? Does anyone have a Laser mouse on their machine and does it solve this problem? Does anyone have one of the 6 x 11 widescreen Wacom tablets and does its mouse behave?

I used to love the old roller mouse because it didn't stairstep on detail work, like hand drawing masks in Photoshop, and it never disappeared. Maybe with the new Laser technology the detail is smoother (as they seem to advertise) but I have yet to test one.

I am leaning toward the 16:9 Wacom because I used to use them all the time, loved them and was quite fast with it, but $350 is a bit steep for an experiment.

Any thoughts or fixes to the magical disappearing mouse are appreciated!

Cross posted on FCP and AE forum...

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Chuck RetiRe: Mouse..cursor jumps, Wacom tablet?
by on Mar 24, 2006 at 5:04:03 am

Have you tried changing the surface on which you use the mouse? My stock, one button Apple optical mouse did exactly the same thing until I stopped using the mouse pad. Works fine on a matte finish console desktop, no jumps. The optical mice also hate highly glossy or reflective surfaces.
I do miss using the Wacom Intuos that I had in my old room.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]