MAC OS X: Forum

disk utility? no help? what?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate
disk utility? no help? what?
by
on Feb 19, 2006 at 9:49:56 pm

i've always read that after you install new software or upgrade you should always use disk utility to repair you disk permissions...

for the first time it failed me and now really freaks me out...

i upgraded compressor and went to repair my disk permissions and about a third of the way though it came up with a "unable to connect to disk management" error and "must quit" and then i went to quit - it opened up another window that says something along the lines of ..."if you quit now in the middle of repairing your permissions it may leave the disk unoperational"

help?? what's happing with disk utility? this is the first time this has happened!!

i actually tried to read up on it and couldn't find anything...so then i quit the program, restarted with disk warrior to rebuild the os hd...when i did that i came up with a "wrapper drive" error and must fix that...so i did...then rebuild the drive...then tried to repair my disk permissions agian...same error....

it's really starting to worry me....anyone who can shead some light on this it would be much appreciated....i simply don't know what to do and i do not want to run disk utility again and get the error...

i'm running 10.3.9 on a powerbook g4 1.2 80gig hd

thanks in advance
nate

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: disk utility? no help? what?
on Feb 20, 2006 at 12:57:53 am

Are you running iTunes 6.0.2? I f so, drag the program to the trash but DON'T empty the trash. Restart and run Disk Utility. Repair permissions and then drag iTunes back out of the trash and use as usual.

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?univpostid=855937&f...

- Don

Return to posts index

Nate
Re: disk utility? no help? what?
by
on Feb 20, 2006 at 3:01:20 am

wow...i would have never guessed that...that's a crazy fix...
it worked and i cannot thank you enough. i was freaked out about it.

but it worked...i'll pass along the info...

thanks again,
nate

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
NEW FIX - Update iTunes
on Feb 20, 2006 at 4:43:16 am

We can finally stop doing this funny work-around.

iTunes 6.0.3 is out now. I tried out disc utility after updating and it worked fine. They finally fixed it!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: NEW FIX - Update iTunes
on Feb 20, 2006 at 5:43:17 am

Exellent! Thanks Jeff.

- Don

Return to posts index

Superfresa66
Re: NEW FIX - Update iTunes
on Feb 21, 2006 at 4:20:37 am

I just got the same problem... same error on the disk repair... i put my iTunes in the garbage, restarted, did disk per... and put iTunes back, and it worked, BUT (There is a But) I had iTunes 6.0.3 Same problem as the one he had with 6.0.2.... I hope Apple gets this fix... Anyone esle with the same problem runing iTunes 6.0.3

Cesar Martinez
Videographer & Editor
"You're as strong as your weakest element"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]