MAC OS X: Forum

Lacie d2 1.2tb capacity problem? Finder won't copy QT media!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RitaKSanders
Lacie d2 1.2tb capacity problem? Finder won't copy QT media!
on Feb 18, 2006 at 7:37:39 pm

HI

I think is more of a Lacie Hard Drive problem, but in case it's a Finder problem I thought someone here might have an idea. thanks.

running OS 19.4.3 on an Apple g5, dual 2ghz with FCP5.0.3

Just purchased 2 LaCie d2 bigger disk extreme triple interface external HDs, and am already having problems.

Before using the drives I formatted them for Mac OS extended journaled and connected in a daisy chain
via FW 800. I am trying to copy about 1.2 tb of data from a raid array to the
lacie d2s. I am using the apple Finder to copy the data. I am not running
anything else on the g5 while it copies. The finder will copy fine until the d2s
(both, at various times) reach about half capacity (about 550gb), then the finder
will not copy anything else to the drives.

It gives we a warning that one specific clip (can be different clips at different times) has information that can't be read by quicktime (what does that even mean?!?!?)However if I take that specific clip and copy it to my desktop it is perfect, nothing is wrong with the clip.

This happens if I try to copy between the external drives, or if I try to from the raid array to the external drives . Basically, the external drives get half full
(one is telling me it has 560.51 gb free) and then no more data will be copied to
them.

I have trashed my media and reformated, I have shut down/restarted, I have
repaied permissions in Disk Utility and run Norton solutions and fond no
problems with the drives.

Andybody have any idea what the heck I'm rambling about here?

thanks

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Lacie d2 1.2tb capacity problem? Finder won't copy QT media!
on Feb 19, 2006 at 1:08:28 am

I have a LaCie 1 Tbyte drive that I copy stuff to and from all the time. No issues. If you have something like Norton Auto Protect

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]