MAC OS X: Forum

OSX 10.3 Prolem

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Underbelly
OSX 10.3 Prolem
on Jan 27, 2006 at 6:42:05 pm

Hey,

I've got a old Blue & White G3. Plan on upgrading in a few months but cna't afford it right now. Anyway, I'm running 10.3 right now because I'm not sure my computer could handle 10.4.

Anyway, the other day some security updays were available and I downloaded them. Suddenly internet apps that don't use the webbrowser, like a poker site and Limewire wouldn't work. You'd click on them and they seemed to start but than just stop and nothing. No error message, nothing. I dumped my poker software (It, like limewire, is it's own browser, I guess) And redownloaded the install program but that would not even work. Same thing. Click on it, it starts but before anything pops up on the screen, it just stops.

So, I reinstalled my system software and everything worked fine. But last night I upgraded my Quicktime (and didn't bother with the security updates). It happened again with just updated my Quicktime?

I realize this is for professionals, and I am a professional photoshop user but if you have any idea beyond getting a new computer (because I'm poor right now) I'd be grateful

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]