FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jittery particle movements

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shin Ooi
Jittery particle movements
on Oct 28, 2018 at 2:39:50 pm

Hi all, I noticed this problem with particular when the particles are being emitted in a slow manner it give's this jittery movement to the particles(from 0:02s onwards it's really obvious, but less obvious as the speed starts to pick up).
Tried reducing all the velocity and maxed out all the subframes and even increased the fps to 60 it still has this stuttering movement.

Wondering if anyone knows what causes this and how can i get rid of that jittery vibrating movement on the particles?

12836_particularstuttering.mp4.zip

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Jittery particle movements
on Oct 30, 2018 at 7:20:20 pm
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on Oct 30, 2018 at 7:33:09 pm

To me it looks like they're jittering all the way though the animation. The main thing is adding motion blur, which should take care of that issue. Secondly, it looks like the emitted particles may be growing too fast when coming out of the original circle, so you may want to "ease" that scaling as well.

It may be something else as well, though.

How are you creating the movement? Are the particles following a motion path? Maybe the original motion path has issues.

The motion seems to slow down and speed up every few frames, which sounds like a frame rate issue. Are you converting the animation frame rates or using comps within comps at different frame rates?

Or even some air physics settings that shouldn't be active.

Or any number of other culprits.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Shin Ooi
Re: Jittery particle movements
on Nov 1, 2018 at 3:26:28 am

Thanks for the reply Kalleheikki!

I've tried the motion blur it does help abit but still I can see the little bit jittery movement happening though.
Tried easing the graph curve too but still doesn't seem to be reduce the jittering.

If you'd like you can also have a look at my project file here and have a look at the setup i've made, could be something that I did wrongly?

Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]