FORUMS: list search recent posts

Entering Plug-in Hell, I Can Feel It.

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiggy Gaton
Entering Plug-in Hell, I Can Feel It.
on Mar 30, 2010 at 11:03:52 pm

Hi there, I just had to update GLTools.plugin for Motype, because Coremelt plugins somehow clobbers that, and now shine and starglow plugins blow Compressor out of the water. Yikes! I was using Motype and Shine in the same project, and as soon as fixed Motype, Shine started to crash Compressor, so I am pretty sure the two are related...but not sure what the heck GLTools even does (a ~/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches/ file, that I would never normally mess with). Well, thx for your thoughts!
jigs

PS. this note from the Yanobox support guy (fantastic by the way):
Hi,
The rendering problems you are seeing could be caused by an outdated component on your system.
Make sure you don't have a copy of Kineme GLTools prior to 1.3 installed on snow leopard, otherwise blending will be
completly broken and useless.This can cause the black background you can see behind letters in Motype.

On your system, you can find GLTools in several locations :

User/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches
Or
Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches
Or
System/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches

GLTools is a component installed with Coremelt plugins.
If you don't use Coremelt Delete trash GlTools.
Otherwize, you can update to Coremelt 2.53 or :
You can update GLTools here : Release: GL Tools, v1.6 | Kineme

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Entering Plug-in Hell, I Can Feel It.
on Apr 6, 2010 at 8:19:12 pm

Hate to say it, but I am a PC guy and know how to use the software. I am not really equipped to troubleshoot the software unless I have had the same problem. You may wish to contact either Trapcode or Red Giant and see if they can help.

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
Re: Entering Plug-in Hell, I Can Feel It.
on Apr 7, 2010 at 12:45:12 am

thx Mike, fixed Trapcode by then again updating that plug. Now other things (like PulpMotion Advanced) complain about the modified GLplug). I guess it's just never ending, but at least the OProblem was fixed. Cheers,
jigs

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]