FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C300 file issue

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark Aitken
Canon C300 file issue
on May 12, 2020 at 2:21:19 pm

I can't find the camera topic so I hope this is the right place... I'm having mysterious problems with files from a Canon C300. I'm using Sandisc Extreme Pro cards and when I try and transfer the files to my computer, some of them don't show up on the card - or they do and then they vanish. I took the card back to the camera and checked and sure enough, the files are there but they have question marks on them and won't play. I shot them this morning and I know they're long shots - of birds - so perhaps that's the problem? Perhaps someone has had these issues.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon C300 file issue
on May 12, 2020 at 3:39:20 pm

Hi Mark...

You are in the right place.

I have to say that I've been shooting with the C300 since right when they came out (so quite a few years now), and I've never seen this happen, or the question mark icons or however that is displayed.

I would suggest that, with the cards in the camera, you dig around in the menus and see if you can find "Repair File" or anything similar to such. I don't know if that exists as an option like that, but I do know that the C300 can repair a damaged file, but you are usually automatically prompted to do that (and there is just a yes/no click when asked if you want to do that).

The other thing you might try is to put one of your suspect cards into one slot on your camera, then put a blank card in the other slot, and see if your camera will successfully let you back up the files to the new card... then see if the cloned card will work for you.

I'm usually not one of those "I don't have an answer but I'll chime in anyway" guys, but in this case I did because this Canon forum does not get very much traffic at all and wanted to give you at least something to try.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

mark Aitken
Re: Canon C300 file issue
on May 12, 2020 at 4:09:39 pm

Thanks Todd
That's very helpful but I can't see a 'repair clip' option. And although I can copy and paste 'good' clips to the other card, i can't do it with the bad ones. One difference when looking at their data info in camera when trying to copy is it says the bad clips read 2.1TB in size and that comes up in red, whereas the good clips say their true size in white.

This morning I transferred some of the bad clips on to my computer and then they suddenly stopped appearing on the screen. However, they're all still on the card in camera but with these question marks. I feel that they're still lurking there so it's frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]