FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C200 remote???

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Roberts
Canon C200 remote???
on Sep 10, 2018 at 5:11:59 am

I know you can WiFi a remote with your phone but we need a tactile button, and no one seems to be able to help.

Had anyone had success finding something and can point me in the right direction?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon C200 remote???
on Sep 10, 2018 at 3:07:26 pm

This would be a question for Canon, but I do not think the C200 has any kind of IR receiver for a conventional remote on it. You might ask Canon support if it does.

BUT... there might be a fairly easy solution.

Now, I don't know that this is true for the C200, but with the C300 if you remove the side-grip handle you will see that it is just connected to the camera body with a little cable and 1/8" pin... like this....

Seems to me it would be easy enough to take off the handle and add an extension cable to the mix so that you could put the camera body in one place and string the handle to where you need to be able to remotely control it... since the camera has both a "roll" button and a couple of other assignables on it.

I don't know that this is a standard 1/8" (3.5mm) pin (I haven't checked it), but it looks like it might be... or maybe a little shorter. This would be exactly the same setup that Zacuto (and probably some others) use to re-locate the handle for their handheld rigs... just with a much longer cable.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon C200 remote???
on Sep 10, 2018 at 3:14:53 pm

Just did a tiny bit of investigating, and yeah the C200 handgrip will work that way.

If you can't get a long off-the-shelf cable that will work (if standard 1/8" stereo connectors aren't exactly right), you could buy one of these....

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1357833-REG/shape_c200re_canon_c200_...

...and cut it in half, and then use just some additional cable (I'd probably buy just a regular 1/8" stereo cable... 25' or 50' or 100" or however long you need and hack the ends off) and use that to splice into the "proper" cable. It would take a tiny bit of soldering skill, but wouldn't be too bad.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]