FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C100 First Version Mark I Multi Camera audio video sync.. Solutions?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Hansen
Canon C100 First Version Mark I Multi Camera audio video sync.. Solutions?
on May 24, 2018 at 11:52:48 pm

I have 1 canon c100 mark I . the first version not the Mark II. I need an easy go to solution besides a clapper board to sync up the audio and video. I am aware of the Free Run setting and
the time code setting to get both the cameras to have the same time while shooting but it is still also of prep and setting to get that to work. There has to be an easier way to lock in the
audio and video from 2 CV's . if it is a cinema line EOS camera there should be a simple way of doing it with a 100% fail proof method to make sure the 24,29 or 23 Fps MXF,AVI and so forth can sync
up.

I would like to know if there is a trick to this without having to spend money on an ATOMAS NINJA or pro res external recorder and even that I don't think can do what I need. I am aware
of plural eyes plugin for various video editing software but i would like to have it all synced up so no work is needed in post in order to keep 2 camera multi shoot interview in audio video sync all
the way to the very end . Also is there a very precise method more so than a clapper board to sync up the audio and video in a multi camera shoot with the CANON C100 mark I? because even with a clapper board

you have to pay close attention to the video clips in post cause they can get out of sync by seconds i am hearing. Please someone does anybody have a solution? I realize a canon
c300 or above will allow me an easy precise automated audio video sync however I am wondering only about having another Canon C100 along the 1 Single Canon C100 Mark, I currently own

Any advice would be somewhat of a relief.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon C100 First Version Mark I Multi Camera audio video sync.. Solutions?
on May 25, 2018 at 3:19:03 am
Last Edited By Todd Terry on May 25, 2018 at 4:46:12 am

I hate to be one of those "I don't have an answer but I'll chime in anyway with my unsolicited comments" (don't you hate those people?)... but I will anyway in this case because this forum doesn't get much traffic and maybe something I say will drive the discussion toward a solution.

Firstly, I will say that I don't know of any solution that will make syncing 100% effortless and trouble free like you are asking. There might be one, but I don't know of it.

Secondly, have you done multi-camera syncing before? It sounds like maybe you haven't and are fearing a daunting task based on something you have heard or such... but it really is easy as pie.

I'm usually a single-camera shooter of more cinematic style things, but I had to shoot an event last week and we used three cameras... My C300PL (pre-Mark II), a C100 (also pre-Mark II), and a little DJI Zenmuse X5. I synced these up myself on the timeline by hand (or rather, by eyeball)... and I didn't use PluralEyes or even a clapper board... or even matching timecodes. My camera operators and I just tried to all start our cameras at roughly the same time (within a second or two of each other), then I just synced them by eyeball on the timeline using the visuals of the waveform in the audio tracks.

It really is terribly easy... this was about an hour-long event we were shooting, and after importing all the clips (into Premiere, in my case), it probably didn't take me more than four or five minutes to sync everything. And I've personally never experienced any drift, everything stayed frame-accurate throughout the whole show.

Is there some particular reason you need for this to be so fool-proof?... or have you have bad experiences with syncing in the past? If so, knowing that might help us lead you to a solution...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]